This is the privacy statement for the Economic and social sustainability across time and space in an ageing society (SustAgeable) project.
MDI Keskuskatu 10 C 18
050 339 2955
Purpose of the processing of personal information
Personal information is used to communicate and interact with project stakeholders. Such ways include sending a newsletter, responding to messages received through the website, and managing event registrations. The information will be disclosed only for use in support of the effectiveness of the DEMOGRAPHY-programme.
Personal information to be processed
Basic information and contact information (first name, last name, e-mail address, organisation)
We only collect personal information through our website that a person has submitted by contact form, event registration or newsletter subscription. When you contact us through the online form, we will receive the personal information you shared in the message, such as your first and last name and email address.
Source of information
The person has provided their own information or it has been publicly available.
Personal information retention
The data will be kept for as long and to the extent necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected (event registration, newsletter subscription). At a minimum, the information is retained for the period specified by law. The information will not be disclosed to third parties. However, the data may be disclosed in accordance with the authorities’ requests for disclosure of statutory information.
Data transfer outside the EU or the EEA
In principle, personal data will not be transferred outside these areas. However, the use of certain services requires the transfer of data outside the EU. These are:
Website Analytics (Google Analytics)
Newsletter: MailChimp (United States)
Databases containing personal information are on a server that is stored in a locked state that can only be accessed by designated and authorized persons. The server is protected by an appropriate firewall and technical protection. Access to databases and systems is only possible with separately issued personal usernames and passwords.
The controller has limited the access rights and authorizations to the information systems and other storage media so that the data can only be viewed and processed by persons who are necessary for their lawful processing. By separate agreement, the employees of the controller and other persons have undertaken to observe the obligation of confidentiality and to keep confidential the information received in connection with the processing of personal data.
Rights of the data subject
The data subject has the following rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- Right of inspection: the data subject has the right to inspect the data concerning the data subject and to request that any errors be corrected and supplemented.
- Right of objection: the data subject has the right to object to the processing of data if the data have been processed unlawfully or in an unauthorised fashion.
- Right of deletion: the data subject has the right to request the deletion of personal data concerning the data subject insofar as they were not necessary for the duties of the controller.
- Right of transfer: in the case of data to be transferred under data protection law, the data subject has the right to have the personal data relating to him or her transferred in a machine-transferable form to another controller.
- Right of appeal: The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer if the data subject considers that the controller has violated the applicable data protection legislation in the processing of personal data.